The Generator Specialist reports directly to the President and CEO. This role is responsible for testing, inspecting and assessing generators. Duties and responsibilities include interfacing with customers to coordinate testing and inspection of generators, including frames, stator cores, stator winding, rotor poles, field windings, and excitation systems.
- Perform diagnostic tests on generator components.
- Evaluate test data.
- Perform assessment inspections for generator components.
- Provide customer test data as required by customer.
- Prepare corrective action recommendations.
- Prepare quotes for customer request for proposals (RFQ).
- Organize and plan for site work.
- Review RFQ to prepare proposals and be aware of customer requirements before mobilizing to site.
- Insure equipment is in operable condition and calibrated.
- Coordinate with nexGEN Project Coordinator to mobilize and demobilize site.
- Meet with customer to discuss the testing, inspection, assessment and other capabilities of Company.
- Serve as team leader for generator and rotor component repairs and replacements, e.g. stator rewedge, rewinds, field rewinds, remove/install retaining rings, etc.
- Assist Sales department with customer meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of power generator components and their function.
- Trained to operate and understand the operation of test equipment associated with generator testing and assessment.
- Ability to evaluate test results at site to know if data is acceptable or if errors exist that require re-tests.
- Ability to perform a variety of activities concurrent while maintaining professional behavior.
- Trained in safety practices for generator testing and inspection.
- Conscience attention to detail and quality work.
- Ability to establish priorities and execute them.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct business in a professional manner in stressful situations.
- Professional appearance and conduct.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
Credentials and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in generator related business.
- Formal training in operation of generator testing equipment.
- Prefer mechanical or electrical technical degree or training in electrical or mechanical technical vocation.
- Prefer certification or attendance certificates for Doble testing, El Cid and related testing.
- Ability to perform duties in stressful situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work long hours and maintain proficiency.
- Must work with energized circuits and be highly safety conscious.
- Flexibility and emotional control is important.
How to Apply:
Attach resume with experience and references below: